Re: 2000 Pro Solo info

To: "Jeff Cashmore" <cashmo@execpc.com>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2000 Pro Solo info
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:29:47 -0500
Jeff wrote:

>For those of us not getting details at Sun nights Pro Solo
banquet... no
>more ProSeries, just NationalSeries.

I'm not gonna say "ITYS," but I did.

> Simplified scoring & rule book to be
>included with Solo I & II rules.

Excellent idea.

>  Will still have Challenge rounds

Good. That's one of the draws of Pro Solo.

>still need 5 in class or bumping will occur.

That's fine, too. If there's still money to be paid to winners,
it only makes sense to limit payouts to classes of some minimum
size.

>They want to promote Pros, Tours and Nats as a
>season-long "SCCA National Solo Festival".

Sounds good to me.

> Seems the focus is less
>towards TV/traveling regulars and more toward getting new people
>involved.

All for the better, IMHO. Will there still be travelling staff
from Denver at every event?

>  We should see more people at the Finale next year.  Sure
>sounds good to me!

Agreed on both counts. I'm happy to see this change of direction.
I hope it continues.

Jay