Re: 2000 Pro Solo info

To: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: 2000 Pro Solo info
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:21:25 -0700
Thanks for sharing this.

Jeff Cashmore wrote:

> Stopped home for lunch and perused the new Sportscar that was in the
> mail.  Danny Shields had an article outlining Pro Solo for next year.
> For those of us not getting details at Sun nights Pro Solo banquet... no
> more ProSeries, just NationalSeries.  Best 2 of first 3 events count for
> series points, plus Finale.  Simplified scoring & rule book to be
> included with Solo I & II rules.  Will still have Challenge rounds and
> still need 5 in class or bumping will occur.

There should be much less unfilled classes now that there is no Pro
Series.

I am just happy that we will continue the ProSolo series.

I understand that at the Topeka Finale, AS was not filled. It was
reported to the drivers that it was, but it turns out that two drivers,
presumably recruited to fill the class, had not fulfilled the
requirement of previously entering a Pro this year, so AS ran with SS.
Ouch.

This may have cost Tom Harrington a chance at ProSolo Rookie of the
Year, since it would be near impossible to win SS in an AS car. Congrats
to Tom anyways on winning the AS series.

So, where are the reports???? How did CS do at the Finale? 8-)

Jim Ourand, you are right..it is quiet around here.

Randy Chase