RE: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...
From: "Thompson, Adrian (A.L.)" <athomps9@visteon.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 08:44:03 -0400
Another one.  What about an MGB GT with the Rover/Buick V8.  That was sold
in England so you can claim it's a British Leyland engine.  It's still in
production in Range Rovers and Discoveries, enlarged with fuel injection so
you wouldn't even need to tune it much.  Or even better drop that same
engine in an Spridget shell.  I've seen a couple of E mod cars like that and
a friend of mine back home (England) had one as a daily driver for a long
time.

I think this any engine from the same manufacturer is the biggest problem
with STU.  That's what makes this almost unworkable. If it was revised to:

Any Engine from the same manufacturer with the same number of cylinders and
within 20% of the original capacity.

Or something similar it might be better but it's still way to open for a
street based classed IMHO.

Adrian Thompson