Thursday at Nats

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thursday at Nats
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:17:36 +0000
"I'm particularly interested in ES, HS and ESP. (my ES Saturn buds, our
local HS hero Russ Blume, and several of our guys in ESP)"

Thursday results are already up at
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/99nationals/results/index.html
Weather perfect, sunburn sunny and 70 although we may get some sprinkles
tomorrow afternoon.

ES, Shenefield was the smoothest driver and results show.  Abels Saturn
in 12th.  Schroeder solid but Williams & Carpenter Honda's quick through
South slalom, could do very well tomorrow on North course.

HS, um, while I'm pretty happy with the results (stupid cone on 1st run,
babied 2nd, overcooked first RH sweeper in 3rd), I know Russel isn't.
Something about the fuel pump going bad and he limped around his 1st two
runs.  Jumped in Friedbergs Integra for his last run and had a 61 ish
DNF to leave him in last place.  Jim Harn hanging on to last trophy spot
just like last year.

ESP, Madarash awesome and, SURPRISE, Howard Duncan is 2nd!!  I guess the
guy can drive too!!  Of course, his times won't count since he's doing
the 'beat the staff' thing.  He's driving Merideths Mustang.

FS, lot's of cones on the North course.  Who's this Crawford guy in 2nd?
(go Cheesheads!)  The LSD in Goodner's car is being protested.  Car
impounded overnight, Brian had to hitch a ride to his hotel, etc.  Will
be taken apart tomorrow afternoon.  He has to find gaskets, etc. to put
it back together.

FM has Nardin trying to prove Solo Vee's actually are competative.

GS, cold morning runs, seems like you had to have a Type R to be in the
hunt.

DS, Daddio on different planet.
--
Jeff Cashmore