Re: GS and The Prelude, and H STOCK TIMES!!! Huh?

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GS and The Prelude, and H STOCK TIMES!!! Huh?
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 17:55:25 -0700
Jamie Sculerati wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Mike Mitchell wrote:
>
> > Tim makes some good points.  The Prelude running so strong does take
> > some wind out of the sails of those who want to argue that the 'R' is
> > top dog so everyone else stay home.
>
> For the second year in a row, I might add.  I've maintained that the
> 4th-generation Prelude was just waiting for the right driver to prep
> and run it.  Damn -- now everyone will want one. :)
>
> > Also I notice now that there is another Prelude 1.03 seconds back of
> > Endicott.

As I recall, Bob E. really likes Preludes and campaigned one (not a V-Tech)
for part of a season against the MX-6's. Always seemed to come up a bit
short.

I would love to see him try a Prelude V-Tech!

-----------------

D Stock    120.156 Neon ACR
E Stock    123.059 Celica GT
G Stock    121.480 Type R
H Stock    121.601 Celica ST

Someone PLEASE tell me that there was some surface/temperature/weather
condition that caused H Stock to beat E Stock again, and almost beat G Stock!

With the numbers associated with the Type R they should kill the Neons, let
alone H Stock. Just doesn't add up.

Scott Meyers

Next you'll probably tell me that Howard Duncan finished 4th in ESP   ;-)