Re: GS and self full filling prophecy

To: Mike Mitchell <mitchell@tdi.net>
Subject: Re: GS and self full filling prophecy
From: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:01:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Mike Mitchell wrote:

> Tim makes some good points.  The Prelude running so strong does take
> some wind out of the sails of those who want to argue that the 'R' is
> top dog so everyone else stay home.

For the second year in a row, I might add.  I've maintained that the
4th-generation Prelude was just waiting for the right driver to prep
and run it.  Damn -- now everyone will want one. :)

> Also I notice now that there is another Prelude 1.03 seconds back of
> Endicott.

Lloyd Wilson, who's been campaigning a 4th-gen Prelude almost as long as I
have (and somewhat more successfully).  But why do the Friday results show
him in a Type R?  Lloyd -- did the 'Lude break?

> Wonder if the Prelude drivers feel they could go faster in type 'R's?

Don't know.  All the Preludes I've driven (all generations except the
first) have been wonderfully balanced cars.  I haven't driven a Type R,
but the other Integras I've driven were much peakier and less forgiving.
I have no doubt that the ultimate performance of a Type R is a bit beyond
that of the Prelude -- but I believe it's easier to reach and hold the
limit in the Prelude.

All in all, I still like GS.  Bring on that new Celica...!

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si (no -- it's *not* for sale!)
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr