Re: Fw: What class would a turboized '99 Miata be in?

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: What class would a turboized '99 Miata be in?
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 22:32:21 -0500

William Schenker wrote:

> > I've tried to figure this out from the on-line rules, but to no avail.
> >
> > Any idea what a '99 Miata w/ a turbo be classed as? C Prepared?   C
> > Modified?

No aftermarket turbos in Prepared.  Very few turbos in Prepared at all,
but they must be specifically listed as such.

Turbo Miata goes to EM based on engine displacement with the 1.4x hit
for turbo power. (under 2.0 liters DP, over 2.0 liters, EM).  Very small
and light car for EM... put enough tire under it, strip it to minimum
weight and crank the boost up, it might do okay.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca