Fiat 124 sport and some "stock" rules

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fiat 124 sport and some "stock" rules
From: Lonnie Heston <lhheston@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 21:48:42 -0700 (PDT)
I have entered into co-ownership of a 124.  It is in
very ratty condition, but most of it is there.  I need
a few answers on the stock classification and maybe
some detail about the 124.  If you can help...

In stock class, does the ol' smog air pump have to be
present and operational?

I have heard the term "cat. back exhaust" used in a
way that implies the exhaust system does not have to
be stock behind the cat. conv.  If the car did not
come with a cat.conv. where can the non-stock stuff
start?

Does the convertible top have to be on the vehicle
during the runs?  Like if it's rotted away, can we
remove the ribs?

If certain parts, say a fuel pump or battery cover,
were not available, can an approximate substitute be
used - say a fuel pump from a honda, or a home made
battery cover?

Did the Fiat 124 about '74 or '75 come with fiberglass
front fenders?  (this one has them).

Any comments/knowledge will be appreciated!!

Lonnie Heston
lhheston@yahoo.com
GStock 1987 Camaro RS 2.8V6 (for a while longer)
mid-70's Fiat 62 (that's 1/2 a 124... get it?)