Re: Wed Nationals results

To: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Wed Nationals results
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:24:58 -0400
Jeff Cashmore wrote:
> Sure, I go through the work of copying down all the trophy position
> and when I get back to the hotel ... I read my autox digest to find
> out they already posted the results on scca.org.

FYI, in this particular case, "they" is Stan Whitney.  There's an awful
lot of "they"s behind this event, and let's make sure they get the
appropriate credit!

> The courses look great, the North is faster and very busy (slaloms)
> the South looks tighter with some tight 180's (handling vs HP?).

The North was definitely faster in terms of top speed, but I'm not sure
I'd say the South was tighter.  There was the one tightish right-hander
(the last 180 before the finish), but that's about it for tight stuff
on the South.  I guess you could say the very first left-hander and the
final left-hander were sorta tightish too, but not "tight".

The north was definitely more transition-intensive, though both had big
sweepers.  Neither was truly a horsepower course.

Mark