Wed Nationals results

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wed Nationals results
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:08:33 +0000
Sure, I go through the work of copying down all the trophy positions and
when I get back to the hotel (Capital Plaza, very nice, business
orientated - has modem jacks) I read my autox digest to find out they
already posted the results on scca.org.  Well, you get a lot better
detail this way but I can add a few things.

Weather was a big factor on Tue. as it rained on and off all day.  Quite
a few drivers defected and changed tire brands, (Hoosier/BFG to full
tread Kumho's) some folks had reserved Hoosier dirt stockers, some folks
kept what they had and paid the price.  A few team.net top picks were in
the lower half of their classes after the first day.  As you can see
from the results, there were quite a few come-from-behind victorys.  Not
sure who's Rx7 Leverone was driving in SS.  The courses look great, the
North is faster and very busy (slaloms) the South looks tighter with
some tight 180's (handling vs HP?).  Surface breaking up (no surprise
there). Weather sunny, 70ish today, might rain again tomorrow afternoon
and on Friday.

Whoops, just noticed Wed. isn't up yet at
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/99nationals/results/index.html  Good
thing I learned to type fast.

SS Strelniks, Leverone, Kotzian, McClure, Isley, Dvorak, Burger
SSL Robertson, Kotzian, McClure, Isley
AS Paul Koslak, T.C.Kline, Murray, Falkner, Merideth, Sharp (in borrowed
M3), Buetow, Fletcher, S. Marinus
ASL Fletcher, Beecher, Hedly
BS Thomason (on last run), Braun (great 1st run, only +.099 back),
Viswaligam, Raymond, K.Kelly (2nd after Tue), Short, McCormick,
Telehowski, Vach...
BSL Elder, Rogers, Schneidau, Short

ASP Ren Marinus, Carle, Carr
ASPL Carle, Carr
BSP Popp, White (+.069) Sias
BSPL White, Lynatl
CSP McMillian, Hayes, Harnish, Despelder, Ellam...
CSPL Harnish, Kugler, Tunnell

AP Fordahl, Nagler
APL Fordahl, Nagler
BP Herrick, Brenchley, Miller, Fleig, Leicester
BPL Herrick
DP Bollinger, Cutrer, Imbeau
DPL Bollinger, Jordan

AM Godale, J. Engstrom, Woods, D. Engstrom
BM Domeck, Bootz (+.215), Lella, Slomski, lyle
BML Scharnberg
CM Ankeny, Dickey, Swift, Saunders, Lumpkin, Mathews, M.Sirota,
Rasmussen, Godula, Richardson, Engle Jr.
CML Smiley (finally!) McDaniel, Grau
EM Koiiman, Snyder, Spencer, McDooey, Carter (go rotary!), Wasdahl,
Tamandli
EML Everett

ST M. Allen, W. Allen, Bly Conrad, Grainger
F125 Paille, Goodale

Saw the Nagler & K.Kelly cars (and heard McMillian) in impound but I
think all results were listed as Final so I'm guessing everyone checked
out ok.

Hope that helps,
--
Jeff Cashmore