Re: NOPI Results

To: KFine@sarcom.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NOPI Results
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:01:39 EDT
>From my tired memory (got home at 1 AM), so highly unofficial:

Overall winner:  Carter Thompson (Koenig Caffiene wheels)
Class Winner: Mike King, 2nd Mark Allen
Class Winner: Heath McMillan, 2nd Phil Currin
Class Winner: Carter Thompson, 2nd Steve Waters
Class Winner: Bob Monday, 2nd Jonathan Roberts
Class Winner: Don Ahrens, 2nd Clint McMahon

Class winners received $350 and a set of Toyo tires
2nd place received $150
Overall winner received a set of Koenig Caffiene wheels

The double elimination tournament was mega-fun IMO.  A few rough edges, but
not too bad considering this was the first time trying a totally new format.
I expect things to be ironed out for a smoother, quicker operation next year.

The only real negative in my mind was the unsportsman-like conduct of several
competitors who didn't mind showing their butts at an event intended to
showcase the SCCA to many potential new members.

Mark Sipe