Re: NOPI Results

To: TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: NOPI Results
From: "Mike and Lara King" <mapco@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:28:49 -0400
Can't help but interject a bit since I'm probably one of the butt-showing
competitors you are referring to. And to all who had to witness my little
soapbox, I apologize wholeheartedly. But when it comes down to competing in
an event such as this from a region such as this, I expected way more. The
format was great, IMHO. Had a great time on course, and thought it was a
great "spectator" attracting concept. It's what the "spectators" didn't see
that really made the event not so enjoyable. Rules making as the day went
along, even changing ones mandated by SCCA. Crowd control...crowds of people
walking across the course during the event. Driving across the course as
well. No control over who came into the paddock/pit area (i.e, spectators
doing burnouts next to my paddock spot.) Shouting over the PA system telling
people to get the hell off the parking lot doesn't sound like the right
course of action as far as crowd control. Being laughed at by an event
official when I wanted to protest a course official's actions didn't fair
well with me either. So, when it came down to losing due to the wrongs of a
course official, yup, I was more than a little miffed. It was a culmination
of the day full of problems. These weren't problems just for me. It was for
quite a few other "major" competitors attending. I'm sure that I could go on
for hours about this, but I won't. I just want to make a point that the
competitors that did decide to show their butts (no, Dick wasn't there,
unfortunately), had a legitimate excuse for doing so. If I do recall, I'm
not the first to show my butt over this organization....I'll leave it at
that.

--Mike