Re: Katie Kelly's Protest and A-Mod Protest

To: Joe & Susan Cheng <belacon@home.com>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Katie Kelly's Protest and A-Mod Protest
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:25:40 -0700
Joe & Susan Cheng wrote:

> You don't point the gun at someone and pull the trigger just to check to see
> if it's loaded.
>
> Now, can someone out there report on the A-Mod protest please.

        I don't know how it turned out, but the protest was on an SAE car that
finished THIRD. Who says SAE cars aren't competitive? Wow, who'da thunk
it.

        Anyway, my understanding is that SAE cars are required to run
restrictor plates. 20mm for normally aspirated motors, and 18mm for
forced aspirated motors. When I wandered by the protest 'shed' they were
apparently measuring the size of the opening of the plate.

        I do have to say, that little wingless critter was movin' mighty quick.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/