New Class Proposal! BSU!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: New Class Proposal! BSU!
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:15:00 -0400
Well, I had an opportunity at the SEB Town Hall last Monday to discuss our
Team.Net STU rules proposal with the SEB and a group of our peers, and I have to
say the experience was very enlightening. For it seems that there is _another_
group of neglected, classless racers that the current rules do not serve.

And surprisingly, this group of wayward souls was identified by none other than
Roger (the famous) Johnson. If Roger thinks they need a class, then by golly,
these guys need a class!

So in the spirit of how we did the STU rules, here's my first kick at the cat
for the rules for this new class. Please make note of any changes you think need
to be made, and submit them to me, and when we all agree we're done, we'll
submit them to the SEB for final approval.

The class: Bowling Shoe Unlimited (BSU)

BSU.1.0 Vehicle Eligibility - All vehicles, of any name, brand or make. It's
about the shoes, silly!

BSU.2.0 Competitor Clothing - All competitors must wear FIB (la Federation
Internationale de Bowling) homolgamated footwear. Shoes with a combined
production level of less than 1000 pairs in less than 3 sizes will not be
classed, and must compete in the appropriate Mod class. Shoes must not have any
appreciable tread depth, but 5 holes of no more than 1/8" in diameter (to serve
as wear indicators) are allowed.

Spec shoes, ranging from size 3 to size 17, will be provided by SCCA Enterprises
for a small rental fee at National Tours and ProSolos.

Shoes may be torn down in Impound and inspected by the Chief Steward. Gel
sections, cushions, air bladders, or any other form of comfort-improvement
devices are strictly forbidden, with the exception of one set of 1/4" thick
Odour Eaters (TM). Shoes must be of leather or Naugahyde (TM) construction, with
the exception of a safety toecap, which may be of metal or composite
composition.

Special "R" compound soles are allowed, unless specifically placed on an
exclusion list. There are currently no entries on this list. Regions may decide
to run separate classes for non-R-compound soles.

The heel must form a separate part of the shoe, and must be attached with nails
or glue. Subsole connectors are forbidden.

There, that's a start. Have at 'er! Let's bring these bowlers into the sport,
and make Roger proud!

DG