SP Streetability

To: autox@autox.team.net, owner-solo2atlanta@ilist.net
Subject: SP Streetability
From: Heathcakes@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:07:19 EDT
This is not a joke, and numerous other people can vouch for the following.

My 1985 CRX CSP car is tagged and driven regularly in GA.  Last year I drove
it to the following events:

1998 Evansville National Tour, 4th place
SE Divisional in Orlando Florida, last place due to protested item
Road Atlanta Solo I, first place, track record
Talladega Solo I, first place, new track record (3rd record for this car)
Roebling Road Solo I, new track record set by co-driver who followed me in
Neon.
Atlanta Region Solo II Champion (we had 10 events, I think I missed two)
Dogwood Grand Prix, Knoxville, TN, FTD

This year I drove the car to the following events:

National Tour, Meridian, MS, 2nd place (co driver 3rd, he followed in Accord)
Dogwood Grand Prix,  2nd FTD to Dan Pop in a borrowed Corvette
SE Divisional Perry GA (south of Macon), 1st Place
Atlanta Regional Events to date
Nationals Warm up event in Dothan, Alabama (250 miles one way)
Chattanooga Inter-Regional Event (co driver followed in Jeep)
NOPI Nationals, 2nd overall, heat winner

No the car is not comfortable for driving in Georgia in the summer mostly due
to no air conditioning.  And with the aluminum seat you can feel EVERY bump
in the road.  I did tow the car to Evansville, Jacksonville, and Nationals
this year with the help of my co-drivers, friends, and VISA.  The car is a
lot of fun on the street even though it has virtually no traction on street
tires.  Street Prepared cars can be streetable at some levels.  Before the
aluminum seat was put into the car it was a lot more fun when the weather
allowed.  The passenger seat is worse.  I did forget to mention the car was
the 1997 CSP SE Divisional Solo I winner, and it was driven to all of those
events.

Just a little food for thought.

Heathcakes
67 CSP