Japanese car parts Expert???

To: Team Net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Japanese car parts Expert???
From: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:07:39 -0400
I need some help finding what production car a master cylinder came from
that is being used on an older vee?

I am seeking three single master cylinder..probably from a Japanese car
in the 70"s as this vee was built in '78.  They are single, thus were
probably clutch master on the production car.

The master cylinder is 5/8 bore.  It has the brake line come into it on
the side.  It has a plastic reservoir.  Mounts with two bolts, one on
top the other on bottom.  Rubber boot fits into the casting with the
shaft, not slipping over the end as in most Girling type.  It works
nicely with a Tilton cross/balance bar.

I have tried various girling, but they take the brake line in on top,
and there is no space in the chassis for that.  The setup is closely
designed with front axle right over the top of the masters, thus require
brake line coming in from the side.  If I try to change to a girling, it
would require major change of the front chassis cross-member, which I
hope to avoid.

Anyone got any ideas......seeking a possible clutch master cylinder of a
'70's Japanese car???  Casting has ASCO on it, and cap has Aissin name
on it.

Anyone know of a source that has drawings of various parts to search a
like part??

Anyone know of some cross reference sources for various parts?

Anyone know of a possible Japanese supplier for general masters that
might sell them generically like Girling does for racing?

Anyone got ideas????  I could send pictures and measurements to someone
who might have selection of parts.

I tried the local foreign parts store, and we went thru all the ones
they had in stock, but they were not real large, and perhpas less likely
to have parts for 70's cars.

Looking for a solution

Larry