Re: ST my opinion

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ST my opinion
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:01:28 -0500

Ron Conrad wrote:

> I feel the tires I was running (Yokohama AVS Intermediates) were just as
> good as the Pilots.

Worn to optimum tread depth, they may have been pretty close.  They were
obviously quite good, and to finish where you did with probably the
least amount of power of the whole class... you da man!

> The rules on wear rating were changed midstream to
> accomdate the 140 rating of the Pilots.

My Pirelli's have a 140 rating, also.

> I feel they should have left it at
> 160.

What IS the wear rating on the AVS-I, anyway?

> I don't think that's the reason I lost.

I don't think you "lost".

> Changing conditions in the
> rain on Tuesday, put me 1.7 seconds back and pretty much out of contention
> for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but that's just racers luck as far as weather goes.
> If it had stayed dry, possibly I could have been a factor.

The rain really threw me off, too.  I might have finished one or two
positions higher had it been dry.  It would have been interesting to
see.  I really wish I'd been up to my usual par for wet driving.  Need
more wet practice with the new setup.

> I think Vince was the only one with Shaved tires.  I ran one set the whole
> season.  I think Mark and Vince were on there 4th set.

Okay, so it was Vince that had shaved tires.  I knew I'd heard that
someone had shaved Pilots.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca