Re: Tire width for an Integra... and other 6" rims too

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire width for an Integra... and other 6" rims too
From: "Birchard, Thomas (T.E.)" <tbirchar@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:18:00 -0400

Scott Meyers wrote:
> What size tires did the winning Type R's run at the Nationals? Also, did
> they run the same size front and rear (as opposed to Neon practice?)

We ran Kumho 225/50-15s on all four corners with 5 mm spacers on Faisal
Ahmad's Type R at Nationals this year.  There was a little bit of rub on the
rear longitudinal control arm.  Also, the Reynaert/Aiello (22/122) entered
Type-R ran the same setup only with BFGs and the same rubbing condition.

I think Endicott and Bauer ran the "mixed" setup of 225s on the front and
205s at the rear on the North course.  I didn't notice which setup they had
on the south course.

All of these tires were on stock rims.

With Regards,               Ford Motorsports Enthusiasts - Executive Board
Tom Birchard (TBIRCHAR@ford.com)