Re: Tire width for an Integra... and other 6" rims too

To: Jarrod Igou <jigou@dmreg.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Tire width for an Integra... and other 6" rims too
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:34:17 -0700
Jarrod Igou wrote:

> For the Integra folks out there:
>
> How wide can I go with tires on my bone-stock 99 Integra GS-R?
>
> Stock is 195/55/15 -- I'm sure 205/50/15s won't cause a problem, aside from
> a slight diameter difference.
>
> Anyone ever squeeze 225/50s on the stock rims? I'd guess a problem may show
> up at that width--the rims are only 6" wide, after all, and the rest of the
> car probably starts to come into play at that width, too. (Silly things
> like suspension and fenders.....)

With the demise of the BFG R-1 and its unique characteristics, are
people out there finding out that it is not successful to run the 225's
on the 6" rim anymore? I am beginning to think so, and would value other
experiences.

What size tires did the winning Type R's run at the Nationals? Also, did
they run the same size front and rear (as opposed to Neon practice?)

S Meyers

Would be first in line should BFG bring back the old R-1's.....PLEASE!!!!!