Re: Ben Thatcher's reply to Mike King's NOPI rant

To: mapco@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Ben Thatcher's reply to Mike King's NOPI rant
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:23:11 -0400

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:19:27 -0400 "Mike and Lara King"
<mapco@worldnet.att.net> writes:

> ----------
> >From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
> >To: mapco@worldnet.att.net
> >Subject: Re: re: Ben Thatcher's reply to Mike King's NOPI rant
> >Date: Wed, Sep 22, 1999, 7:02 AM
> >

> >Mike King wrote:
> >

> >You should have, winning $350 and a set of Toyo tires.
>
> How' bout a trophy? Any word?

I just turned the results over to NOPI this afternoon. They didn't tell
me how long it will take to get the prizes out.

> >Are you volunteering to help us do the planning next year?
>
> I would love to give you a hand in planning next year's Nopi event.
> Just let
> me know what I can do.

We'll count on that. I knew I could count on you to calm down after the
heat of battle.

>> >One thing we didn't plan for was racer ego and creativity of
> methods to
> >try to get an advantage over a competitor at the start line. Next
> year
> >we'll TELL the drivers when the start sequence is happening instead
> of
> >asking if they are ready. You guys are at the start line while the
> other
> >cars are finishing their match. Your helmet is on, your seatbelts
> are
> >buckled, you are just waiting. We had several instances of
> intentionally
> >stalling at the line to get the jump on competitors, that won't
> happen
> >next year.
>
> Well, like I said. I'm not one to play mind games with anyone and
> don't
> think I need to. I guess this is one of those cases where one thing
> appeared
> to be another. Best thing is to come up with a way to have a
> countdown timer
> like Pros so this kind of action doesn't go on. I agree 100%.
> Anyways, sorry
> about my outburst once again. Your region core group did a great job
> with
> all the chaos that was ensuing around them. Some things just happen.
> That's
> all it is.

Your apology is accepted and let's move forward together to advance the
Solo 2 cause here in the Southeast!

Ben

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports