Lot rental cost

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Lot rental cost
From: AutoX200@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:37:40 EDT
    Here in Kansas City we are finding out that we are having to pay for lots
more and more often.  We had a few lots that were small and free, but the
lots have become less attractive to us, since the lots have been repaved and
are coming apart when we use them.  The most expensive lot we have is the
overflow lot that is at the Kansas City Royals and Chiefs Stadium.  It is old
asphalt that is breaking up.  The lot is big enough to hold parking, paddock,
two grids for 25 cars, and a course that is usually up to Nationals
standards.  We pay $1000 a day for the use of the lot and can usually set up
a day before.  We pay $500 a day for a back lot at the American Royal/Kemper
Arena.  This lot is also asphalt and slowly going bad.  We pay $250 a day for
Sandstone Theater located to the west of Kansas City.  This lot is only
available to us for the early part of the year in March and April or late in
October and November.  This lot is also asphalt, but is large enough to hold
a good 60 to 80 sec course with no overlapping.  The cheapest lot that we
have available to us is $200 a day, and is only available when the owners
feel like it.  This site is the Woodlands Dog and Horse Track in Kansas City,
Kansas.  It is one of the best asphalt areas that we have to run on.  The
surface area is smooth and very few irregularities.
    We are in talks with the new Race track being built for us to have a
permanent site in the future. As things go forward into the future we are
striving to locate areas for us to hold events.  Our event fees are $15 for
members and $20 for non members with a $10 fee for first time autocrossers.
I hope this has helped in the quest for knowledge.

Paul Poore
Secretary
Crown Autocross Club