Re: Goodyear vs Hoosiers

To: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>, "AUTOCROSS LIST" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Goodyear vs Hoosiers
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:00:45 -0500
I'm on Hoosiers on my Spitfire, same size. I like 'em. FWIW, so is the
current DP National Champion, Steve Bollinger.

But then, I've been PO'd at Goodyear since 1986 and any chance I have NOT to
use their tires I'll take. It was Bollinger who gave me my first set of
castoff Hoosiers more than 10 years ago and I've been on them ever since.

The Hoosiers take a bit more air than the Goodyears, 3-4 more psi, and the
sidewalls flex more. A little surprising when first you feel it, but you can
get used to it and even use it to "set" the car into a corner. I'm on the
R33 compound.

Sources? KC Raceware - 913-599-2209  (if you *must*, I think they can get
you Goodyears too)
R&S Racing - 888-261-1243 (evenings)  -or-  www.rsracing.com  Strictly
Hoosier I think.

--rocky entriken