unfaithfulness [was Re: Pick the winners, Who won?]

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: unfaithfulness [was Re: Pick the winners, Who won?]
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:29:29 -0400
> In a message dated 9/24/99 8:57:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> mrndr2@juno.com
<< The winner MIGHT get a date with Shania Cone (to go along with

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:21:15 EDT Hottvr@aol.com writes:
> Linnhoff you devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric (Linnhoff, not Eric Clements)--

Our secret is out!  And wait, since earlier posts revealed that you were
magically transformed into Loren in Topeka, I suppose it's time to come
completely clean.  (Insert brave sniff here):

My unfortunate Eric-mixing is just a symptom of a bigger problem.
I am chronically unfaithful to...my tires.  That's right.  I'm a
cardcarrying
member of Team T/A--even at this moment I have a contingency check
from Divisionals coming in the mail (not to mention my certificate for
2 new free ones)--and today (gulp) I sold all 6 of my BFGs.

Not only that, but I confess today, before all of you, my friends, that
my
midseason switch to Kumhos was not the bandwagon jumping that
it appeared.  In fact, before my intoxication with 225/50/14s, I had been
a Kumho abuser for two years.  In fact, it was Kumhos that got me hooked
on R tires.  What did I know?  I was an autocrossing innocent, but Eric
(Clements, not Linnhoff--not even I would stoop to Toyos!) put Kumhos
on the car.  "Try them," he said.  "They'll make you go faster," he said.

And now, with 9 Kumhos in the garage, I feel my attentions straying
again.
Caught in a haze of (purple) passion, I can hear a faint refrain.
"Hoosiers,"
it says.  "They're lighter," it says.  "You can turn in quicker," it
says.
"More forgiving than g-Forces and faster than Kumhos--and remember,
7 of 9 CS trophy positions were won on Hoosiers [and Priebe ain't
human either]."

So, I now confess, I am Mari Clements, and I am a tire slut.
Thank you for listening. (Sniff, sniff.)

mlc
'91 MR2 NA