Re: Tire width for an Integra

To: autox@autox.team.net, jigou@dmreg.infi.net, eric10mm@qni.com
Subject: Re: Tire width for an Integra
From: "Tim Malzahn" <tmalzahn@tnmnetworks.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 19:57:44 -0500
<<Or...........Sooner or later with all that rubbing the seam will wear down
enough and won't cut your tires any longer.  Perfectly legal cuz it's called
normal wear and tear.  ;^)>>

It has a plastic cover over a welded (I think) seam. The plastic is already
worn away. The tire hits the metal.

<<Oh yeah, better shocks (if you haven't already replaced them) may also help
to lessen the problem.>>

I have Tokico Illumina's. Unfortunately, shocks do not help in this situation.
Cranking them up more in the front simply makes the beast understeer more - not
good in an Integra.

-Tim Malzahn
'97 Integra GS-R Sedan

>>> "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com> 09/24/99 02:06AM >>>
>I DO NOT recommend running 225's on a non Type-R Integra. You can make the
tire rub less on the inner fender by using spacers, but the springs are just
too soft and allow the chassis to dive/lean. I can drive the car hard enough
where the front tires hit a seam at the top of the front inner fender. I
actually have a groove down the middle of the tires.

=============================
Or...........Sooner or later with all that rubbing the seam will wear down
enough and won't cut your tires any longer.  Perfectly legal cuz it's called
normal wear and tear.  ;^)

(Of course a Dremel tool or a die grinder would greatly speed up the process
also, but you didn't hear that from me.  ;^)

Oh yeah, better shocks (if you haven't already replaced them) may also help
to lessen the problem.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mental wounds not healing
Who and what's to blame
I'm going off the rails on a Crazy Train.
Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne