Re: Tire width for an Integra

To: "Tim Malzahn" <tmalzahn@tnmnetworks.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Tire width for an Integra
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 01:25:02 -0700
><<Or...........Sooner or later with all that rubbing the seam will wear
down
>enough and won't cut your tires any longer.  Perfectly legal cuz it's
called
>normal wear and tear.  ;^)>>
>
>It has a plastic cover over a welded (I think) seam. The plastic is already
worn away. The tire hits the metal.

><<Oh yeah, better shocks (if you haven't already replaced them) may also
help
>to lessen the problem.>>
>
>I have Tokico Illumina's. Unfortunately, shocks do not help in this
situation. Cranking them up more in the front simply makes the beast
understeer more - not good in an Integra.
================================
Well, sorry that I couldn't help.  But I thought that I'd at least give a
shot at helping a fellow racer with what limited knowledge I have.

Of course some people on the list would say that since I haven't been
autocrossing for a bazillion years and don't drive 1000+ miles to an event
that my opinion isn't valid or even wanted.

I say "screw 'em".  Some people just seem to take themselves WAY too
seriously.  Not me man.  You won't see me dying of a stress induced heart
attack.  Kentucky Fried Chicken induced maybe, but not from stress.

Anyway, good luck on your tire rubbing problem.  With my limited knowledge I
do know that lots of Integra folks do run the 225 width tires but I cannot
tell you whether they have clearance problems or not.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mental wounds not healing
Who and what's to blame
I'm going off the rails on a Crazy Train.
Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne