Re: 2000 miata options?

To: whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: 2000 miata options?
From: Ian McCloghrie <ian@codrus.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:27:18 -0700
On Sep 26, 1999 whitney wrote:
> Just saw a 2000 miata at the Texas state fair, the 'sport' suspension was a
> $500 option on a L (leather) car.  The 15" wheels were part of the L pkg,
> so does that mean you can get the 'sports' suspension on a base car with
> 14" wheels (if it comes with those)?

I'm not sure what they meant by a $500 sport suspension option on a
Leather Package.  I can think of two possibilites:

1) The Leather Package (LP) includes a slightly different suspension
   than the base package (I believe it's slightly stiffer spring
   rates), denoted on the door sticker.  This is different from the
   Sport Package (SP) suspension, which includes yet stiffer springs,
   the Bilsteins, and the shock tower brace.

2) Possibly the dealer took an SP Miata and added aftermarket leather
   to it.  If the leather, interior, and top are tan, then it's an LP.
   If they're black, then it's a base, touring, PEP, or SP.

In any event, you cannot get either the LP or SP with 14" rims, they
both come with the 5-spoke 15x6 alloys.

I believe that the Popular Equipment Package (PEP) is the only option
if you want the 14" rims and the torsen.

--Ian
'99 Miata LP