Nationals course question (reprised)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Nationals course question (reprised)
From: Jim Carr <jac@scri.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 18:34:59 -0400 (EDT)
 Now that the posting rate has slowed a bit ....

 Soon after the course maps were put on the web, but while most of
 you were out on the concrete, I asked some questions that would
 help me set the scale of those maps.  (As self-designated map maker
 for Dixie Region, I really admire the nationals maps except for the
 lack of any distance scale.  I also think about courses using such
 details as slalom spacings.)  I don't have that detailed list any
 more, but it was basically this:

 North Course: squiggle alley (142-143 and 143-144-145-146)
               miata alley (199-203 and 203-205)
                 and is 203 maybe 5' inside of the 199-205 line?

 South Course: inside or outside radius of "start me up" curve.
               dancing slalom (112 to 118) and is 112 on that line?
               lunatic fringe (spacing plus sideways offset of diagonal walls)

 which should suffice, although other distances anyone thought
 were critical and noted would be nice.  Thanks in advance.

 -- Jim Carr (BS '93 Miata and Old Fartz physicist)