Re: CM Passengers

To: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: Re: CM Passengers
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:59:39 -0500
washburn wrote:
> Hey, that's one of the reasons I am hesitant to jump right in to what
> looks like a really fun class.  Then I saw Mike, Guy, and others in
> S2000's.  While "seat" may be a subjective term in this case, it
> really looked like you could strap someone in next to the driver for
> quite the thrill ride!  Do any S2000 drivers out there do this?

Yep.  S2000's (and most sports racers) are 2-seaters by definition in
the rules.  Many have batteries or other equipment on the passenger
side, but some are completely open -- and some have seats and
harnesses.

I did once take a ride in an S2000.  Of course, that screws up the
corner weights, but it can be done.  This one had belts but no seat
(just sat in the tub), and there was definitely competition for
shoulder space, but it can be done.

Mark