Auto-X tires for a Lotus 7 type vehicle.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto-X tires for a Lotus 7 type vehicle.
From: Ron Loewy <rloewy@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 07:43:38 -0700
Hi,

I am in the process of getting a Birkin S3 (Lotus 7 clone) that I intend to
Auto-X next year.

Any ideas about what kinds of wheels/tires should be used for this kind of
machine?

I understand that it is in D Mod. and therefore could use Slicks - I only
Autocrossed a Miata in B Stock so do not have any idea about brands, tires
advantages, expected lifespan etc... - I have an old set of Yoko A008R's
that I use for the Miata, but I would assume that I could get something
better for the 7.

If anyone runs a Birkin/Lotus/Caterham/Westfield and could give me some
ideas - I would appriciate it.

Thanks,
        Ron.

BTW - I am on the digest, so it takes me a while to read the replies.