Re: Auto-X tires for a Lotus 7 type vehicle.

To: Ron Loewy <rloewy@panix.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto-X tires for a Lotus 7 type vehicle.
From: bruce haden <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 07:42:30 -0700
The wider, the better. Use 20 inch diameter. The least expensive way to go
is with a 13" x 7or 8inch wide wheel with either a Goodyear or Hoosier
Cantilever tire in a 9.5 inch width. They put 9+inches on the ground. Use
an R-33 (Hoosier) or 210 (Goodyear) compound. These tires are about
$150 new, but you can get them from John Berget in Michigan (or Wisconsin).
for 50-60 each. If you want more width than that you need modular wheels
for a lot more money to get the width. A friend of mine runs a Series IV
Caterham with 13" x 12" wheels with 11 x 20 x 13 M&H tires.