Re: X-Post!! What a difference one corner can make!!

To: auto-x <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: X-Post!! What a difference one corner can make!!
From: Rex Weatherford <rweatherford@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:01:15 -0400

Brian M Kennedy wrote:

> At 07:19 PM 9/29/99 , Rex Weatherford wrote:
>

> >http://www.beretta.net/fast_lane/movies/compare.mov
> >

> Very slick!  And a very interesting educational tool for autox...
>
> I assume you took two separate movies, sync'd the starts, and
> then used some tool to mix the two.  Care to share how you did it?

Yep two separate movies then recorded them into my 3 year old Mac.  ;^)

Then I used Adobe Premiere to match up the start box when it crosses the
hood (not the most accurate)

Then they are just mixed together.  I'll try to change the video on one
next time.  The 3 screen idea is neet but takes up a lot of disk space.
Try stepping through the movie a frame at a time.

> Anyone else do similar high-tech stuff for analyzing runs with video?
> (Some of those bizarre editing features on my mini-DV camera have just
> found some possible uses!  Both my autox and techie sides are psyched!)
>
> Cool stuff,
>
> Brian

Thanks, glad you enjoyed.

--
Rex Weatherford <---(now believes in the "quad-force")
92 Beretta GTZ 2.3 97,000 Miles 15.531@91.28MPH <--(is one with the
#22 GS Atlanta Region SCCA Solo II G-Stock
95 Grand Am GT 3100 V-6 (wife's car)
http://www.beretta.net/
http://www.mindspring.com/~rweatherford/rexw/rexhome.html