was Re: miata?????, but you meant "mea culpa"

To: JIsley@cell1.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: was Re: miata?????, but you meant "mea culpa"
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 18:51:36 EDT
Jason,

If they move the later model Vettes to AS I will be the first person to sell
out and go buy one, because nobody else will stand a chance (unless a group
of certain people are foolish enough to move the BMW M coupe to AS due to SS
owner grousing, despite the fact that they haven't developed their cars to
the rules, in which case THAT will be the car to spank everyone with).
Frankly, I wish the SEB would make a special stock Vette class just so the
rest of us wouldn't have to listen to all the fermented grape juice pouring
from certain Vette owner's flapping gums; our cups runneth over.....:-)

Nobody held a gun to your head and told you what car to buy, but if you
*marry* yourself to a certain brand and/or make be prepared to fulfill your
vow of "through sickness and health, until death do us part" in earnest
acceptance of your choice.  A Stock is alive and healthy, just look at all
the different brands/models stacked up at the top of the results.  What you
propose would be an absolutely great way to screw the successful A Stock
equation up.  Course design is the reason cars in *slower* classes outrun
*faster* classes; it's certainly no justification to reclassify.

You placed 5th in SS at Nat's out of 43 drivers (two Vettes in the top 5),
way ahead of a number of top drivers in the supposedly superior RX-7TT's.
How can you sit there with a straight face and tell the rest of us that your
car needs to be reclassed?  I think you could benefit your position better to
spend less time trying to pull the wool over our eyes and more time
developing yourself and your Vette to their maximum competitive capability.

Mark Sipe