Re: Book wanted!

To: <TeamZ3@aol.com>, <dhillrcp@JUNO.COM>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Book wanted!
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 00:32:10 -0500
><< I was
> hoping for something a little more practical and less theoritical.
> Anyone have any suggestions?  I mean I don't want "see spot run" but
> something more like "increase front suspension to help with..."  Thanks >>
>>
>You mean like this:
>
>http://members.amaonline.com/wtrscca/tech.htm

Just don't believe it all.  I cruised it and found many things that could be
misleading or with which I don't agree.  I'm not trying to start an argument
about specifics, or dis the folks that put so much work into it.  I am just
pointing out that given actions can have opposite results in different
circumstances.  Team.Net has had years of stories which illustrate this
point.  I would suggest you ask on this list specific questions about
specific problems with specific cars and will get much more usable advice.
There are lots of folks here that have "been there, done that" with many
different types of cars.

That said, "How to make your car handle" by Fred Puhn is a heck of a book.

Remember, he had a deal with Motorola!   Fred didn't make TV receivers and
Motorola didn't make race cars.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Saturn, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/