rice boys racin

To: "'Team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: rice boys racin
From: "Isley, Jason C." <JIsley@cell1.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:23:14 -0700
        While I don't agree with the way Jim Rohn made his statement, I do
feel in some ways he is right. I have bee autocrossing for about 5 years.
Never once have I worried about my car or equipment. I never lock my trailer
or car, except at night, when I am at an event. With the exception of one
time, my wife and I took our Nitrous feed BS miata to a Goodtimes
Motorsports event at Pamona Raceway. It was a combo drag and autocross. For
the most part the people were cool, but as usual the autocrossers were a
little more friendly then the drag guys. For some reason solo people are
always nice, and the drag racers just don't seem to be open to new people.

        This was the only event that I have been to that I locked my trailer
and car all day. While I have never seen any "undesirables" at a autox they
are still there. I think you see more trouble at the drags due to the high
number of people there. I know Friday night at the drags gets way more
people than our solo events. There way also a heavy Police presence at that
event, so obviously they realize there is an opportunity for trouble there.
I have never seen Police at a autox, except the Utah ProSolo, and I am
sticking to my story, it was the guy in the other white Corvette.
        Its not that these "rice people" are all rotten, I think any time
you have that large of a group together you have an opening for trouble, it
only takes one person to screw it up.  That's my take...rice is good for
you...
Jason Isley
jisley@cell1.com