Rules clarification

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Rules clarification
From: khschenk@SHRSYS.HSLC.ORG
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:51:04 -0400 (EDT)
Hello:

I have a question.  Reading the rules for the stock category, I found this
item:

"Option pacakge conversions may be performed between specific vehicles of
a particular make and model, but only between configuations from within a
particular model year.  Such conversions must be totally complete and the
resultant car must meet all requirements of this section."

The reason I ask is because I am over 6 feet tall.  I have a 1999 Honda
Civic Coupe Si.  It comes with a height adjustable driver's seat.  Even
with the seat cranked down all the way does not provide enough head room
with a helmet on.  Would I be able to take a seat from a 1999 Civic DX or
LX that does not have the height adjustable feature and install it in my
Si?  The seat, I think is lower than the Si seat.  I have not confirmed
this yet and it may be a moot point, but I thought I'd ask before I go to
the dealer and start measuring seats.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Kurt Schenk