Re: PC response to stolen car notice-no autox content

To: Brad Cox <coxb@trimofran.org>
Subject: Re: PC response to stolen car notice-no autox content
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:36:33 -0700
Brad Cox wrote:

> A cop actually graced us
> with his presence that morning and gave me some EXTREMELY disturbing news.
> Did you know that stealing something off a car is a MISDEMEANOR??  I
> couldn't believe this.  I asked the cop if I completely stripped a car of
> anything valuable, but left the frame sitting there, would that be
> considered grand theft.  No.  Talk about a loophole!.

Perhaps this varies state by state, but I'm pretty sure that in Arizona
that one distinguishing fact between a felony and a misdemeanor is the
value of the theft. I think the break is over $300 or over $500 becomes
a felony.

Seems like wheels and tires would qualify.....here.

Anywhere else?

Scott Meyers
Glendale Arizona
Used to like chrome reverse rims....in my youth
Too dangerous to use now