Re: Hoosier Dirtstockers on 3rd Gen. RX7?

To: Streldoc@aol.com, hoosier-tom@worldnet.att.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hoosier Dirtstockers on 3rd Gen. RX7?
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 23:21:30 EDT
Eric,

I think you'll have interference problems with the 245/55-16 Hoosier dirt
stocker, resulting from the combination of width and diameter.  I had some
clearance issues running 255/50-16 BFG 226 R1's way back in 1995 and the
extra diameter (26.6" OD vs 24.4" OD of the 245/45-16 radial)) of the dirt
stocker will definitely put them into the outer fender lips during
compression/roll and the front/rear/inner fender liner at significant turning
angles for a stock class situation.

Unfortunately I and many others running the larger diameter Hoosier Radials
have the same dilemna of not being offered a suitable DOT rain tire and it
appears for the time being that Hoosier is unsympathetic to our situation.
At this point our only alternative is to run Kumho V700's for rain, which is
probably a better alternative should the course dry out.  If Hoosier doesn't
mind, why should we.....

Mark Sipe