Re: Let's draft a revised C&C! (was: Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was:YAESPP))

To: "Mark Sirota" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, "Eric Moon" <info@scca-susq.com>
Subject: Re: Let's draft a revised C&C! (was: Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was:YAESPP))
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:00:02 -0500
Mark Sirota wrote:

> > There's one that I have a problem with---Gauges!
>
> Arthur, I think your phrasing is an excellent starting point --
C&C
> allows modifications that the driver will not interface with on
> Solo II course.

Uhh, except for one thing: the wording of the current allowance
specifically _includes_ gauges. If the C&C rule gets rewritten,
the one problem I could see with getting the new version accepted
would be if it takes away allowances that are explicitly there
now.

Jay

PS - The rules now specify a "range of penalties" - have for
several years, actually. A protested item found illegal but
judged of no materiality by the PC could potentially result in a
"car found illegal, no penalty assessed" ruling. Given this, it
would seem non-productive to spend large amounts of time on
relatively immaterial areas.