Clarification needed - "coilovers" in street prepared.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Clarification needed - "coilovers" in street prepared.
From: "Steven N. Burkett" <sburkett@ooi.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:20:52 -0500 (CDT)
This is probably a dumb question, but...

I'm confused on the wording of 14.8.A - says that coilovers can't be used
where not originally equipped.  But the term "coilover" seems to be
ill-defined in general.

My impression based on the "adjustable spring perches on struts are okay"
is that if I can basically replace the strut/spring assembly with any
adjustable spring over strut setup.  But I often see tuners referring to
adjustable perch systems as "coilovers", with the implication that my car
('93 RX-7) does not have "coilovers" stock.

So I'm confused.  Hope I haven't confused everyone else.  Can I put
"coilovers" on my RX-7 or not?

Thanks!
Steven