Re: Right turn challenged driver looking for tips

To: Jenaro Rodriguez <dicej@cnw.com>
Subject: Re: Right turn challenged driver looking for tips
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 10:29:06 -0700
One small point is this. Most mortal drivers feel more confident as to
how close they can get to the apex cone on a left turn, than they do on
a right turn. Unless you are pretty sure where you are relative to the
cone, you might ask someone to give you some feedback on this.

We did a school a while back where we had people stationed at apex cones
and as you went around them, they held up their hands to show how close
or far away you were. Sometimes it was a surprise to see that I was 3
feet off the cone on a right turn. 3 feet off the cone will have a big
impact on your turn, as will your confidence.

You also raised the point of driver weight. That does make a difference.
Have you tried judging your right turns when carrying a passenger?

Randy Chase (whose car is trying to turn right when going straight now)