Re: Coilovers in SP

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coilovers in SP
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:02:20 -0400
In Improved Touring, the "coilover" rule is also confusing, and is
interpreted to mean that a threaded shock body is illegal, but a threaded
collar over the shock body is okay since it is not a coilover shock but
rather an adjustable height spring perch.  The threaded collar cannot be
welded to the strut.  The rule seems pretty silly since you end up with
pretty much the same thing whether you have a slip-on threaded collar or a
threaded shock body, but I think some folks are afraid that costs could
escalate if the threaded body shocks were allowed (even though some IT cars
already have triple-adjustable custom-valved remote-reservoir shocks that
cost more than a front-running SRX7).

I don't know if the SP rules are the same, but I just thought I'd give the
IT perspective.

Brad Burns