Re: First draft of my proposed C&C re-write

To: lamfalus@owc.net
Subject: Re: First draft of my proposed C&C re-write
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:22:44 -0400
Mike Lamfalusi wrote:
> Removing such a mirror from such a car wouldn't be so much a
> performance advantage as it would be removing a definate handicap and
> therefore leveling the playing field, not upsetting it.

Eh?  You lost me there.

You seem to think that "leveling the playing field" means "making all
cars alike."  Since GS Integra Type R's are lighter than other GS
cars, should all GS cars be able to be made lighter in order to "level
the playing field?"  That's what you're saying.

Once again, look at the whole package.  Each car has its strengths and
weaknesses.  One of the weaknesses of the M Coupe is that you can't
see past the mirror.  One of its strengths is that it's very little
compared with other SS cars.

If you want to play the safety card, that's fine, but the "leveling
the playing field" thing just doesn't fly.

Mark