Re: Kumho 712 street tires

To: Paul Cezanne <oblique@alum.mit.edu>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kumho 712 street tires
From: Bill Ozinga <oz@tirerack.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 14:27:12 -0700
My old Topeka roomie and "fastest guy in GS from Mass in '98" Paul said...

> (Note:  I had one minor problem with the TireRack order, I ordered W
> rated and they shipped Z rated, which I complained about via the
> website but they have not responded yet.  But still, given my past
> ordering experience with TireRack (dating back at least 10 years) I
> am not at all dissatisfied.)

The tire comes in VR and WR - no Z rated, but you may not be familiar with
the way Z rated tires are labled. YR and WR speedratings are sort of a
subset of the Z rating. They do not list the Y or W in the size, instead it
will say ZR. But the Y or W will appear behind the size in the service
description. Your tire should say something like 205/55ZR16 105Y, with the
105Y being the service description wich covers load and speedratings.

This is the way the chart appears on our website. Note that the Z rated tire
includes the "and over" with the limit set by the manufacturer. You can look
at the W and Y to just be definition of "and over".

P=93 MPH, 150km/h     H=130 MPH, 210km/h
Q=99 MPH, 160km/h     V=149 MPH, 240km/h
S=112 MPH, 180km/h    W=168 MPH, 270km/h
T=118 MPH, 190km/h    Y=186 MPH, 300km/h
U=124 MPH, 200km/h    Z=149 MPH, 240km/h and over

That doesn't mean we don't ship the wrong thing once in a while, but I think
we're ok on this one. I'm sure Paul will let me know if we did make an
error.

An interesting customer service fact... A customer that has a problem that
is quickly resolved is twice as likely to become a repeat customer than a
customer who has no problem at all.

Bill Ozinga - webmaster@tirerack.com
Webmaster - The Tire Rack
http://www.tirerack.com