Re: Short People

To: "Ellingson, George A (MED)" <George.Ellingson@amermsx.med.ge.com>
Subject: Re: Short People
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 17:31:30 -0400
"Ellingson, George A (MED)" wrote:
> I'm sorry, but this is where I have trouble giving a rats a$$ about
> this stuff.  Do you people actually BELIEVE that if someone removed
> their mirror or visors, you would have to do the same thing in order
> to "remain competitive"?  This from among competitors who differ in
> personal weight from one another by up to 150 lbs or so?
>
> Maybe only fat guys (or gals) should be allowed to remove their
> mirror.

IT HAS (almost) NOTHING TO DO WITH WEIGHT!  Argh...

Look, why do you want to remove the mirror?  Because you can see
better.  Why is that important?  Because then you'll be able to go
faster.  Couch it as safety if you want, but face it, this is why you
want to remove it.

If I am running at the top level of the sport and I perceive that I
might be able to gain an advantage by removing my mirror, then you bet
I'm going to do so, whether it's because of visibility or weight.

And then the newcomer comes along and sees all these top "Stock" cars
running with no mirrors, no sun visors, shorty leather shift knobs
that are securely fastened, whatever.

If you all think it's so nit picky, then why argue it?  Let's just make
the rules say it's required (Stock is stock), and be done with it.

Mark