Kumho 712 vs RE-730 vs RE-71

To: disney7@icx.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Kumho 712 vs RE-730 vs RE-71
From: Brian C Knoblauch <bluemr2@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:41:03 -0400
>I have always been a big fan of the Bridgestone RE-71
>as a high-performance street tire. They are cheap, pretty
>sticky, have stiff sidewalls, etc. I have also been dreading
>the day when Bridgestone stopped making them.

        It nearly broke my heart when they stopped making them in MR2 sizes last
year :-( :-( :-(  Yokohama AVS-Is fit, but just aren't the same (RE71s
are usable in the snow, AVS-Is are NOT)...  Falken Z-502s (Ziex) fit and
look cool (awesome tread pattern) but don't grip as well...  (I've got
RE71s on the front still with new Falkens on the back)  Can you say
"oversteer"?  I knew you could... :-)

Brian
http://www3.sscorp.com/~briank
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.