Thanks to Houston Region

Subject: Thanks to Houston Region
From: Engstrom <engstrom@onramp.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:50:02 -0500
Just wanted to thank Roger "The Real" Johnson and the rest of the Houston
Region folks for putting on a great divisional this past weekend.  The event ran
very well with only a few delays.  Registration and the registration party was
excellent, the Saturday night social (held in the air conditioned dog track
viewing area) was wonderful and I resisted the temptation to loose ALL my
money betting on the dog races, the event hotel was good, the organization
was excellent, and the course was another Roger Johnson masterpiece.  The
vast amounts of time the Houston Region must have spent putting this great
divisional on really showed!

I'd also like to thank John Lieberman and the rest of the safety stewards
for implementing a course change on Sunday after the 1st heat.  The safety
stewards recognized a potential problem area on the course and after
observing the last few 1st heat runs made a decision to change the course
BEFORE anything happened.  Sure it took some extra time, sure it was
a little inconvenient but the fact that the safety of the competitors was
ensured
made it worth every second.

John "Spin King this past weekend - on 5 of my 6 runs and even on
the way home towing my trailer - I don't recommend that" Engstrom