Re: thrown Neon belts

To: Jeff Parker <lugnut@texas.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: thrown Neon belts
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:28:12 -0700 (PDT)
I had a similar problem that turned out to be that the dealer hadn't
properly reinstalled the lower pulley after replacing the timing belt.
The bolt worked out, and the pulleys were no longer aligned. Visible
differences!

It requires a special press to reinstall the pulley. If they try to
torque it down by just tightening the the bolt, that's a bad idea.

Bob Monday
Boys-R-Us Racing

--- Jeff Parker <lugnut@texas.net> wrote:
> I know someone asked about this not too long ago, but I did not see
> the
> answer.
>
> My Neon has started chucking the alternator and/or power steering
> belts.
> The car is at the dealer right now and they have no idea why the
> belts keep
> flying off.  The belts have come off every day for the last 4 days.
>
> If anyone has an answer as to why this is happening and how to
> prevent it,
> please let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff Parker