Don't Give Up The Day Job

To: "Teamdotnet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Don't Give Up The Day Job
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 19:46:25 -0400
People have actually called my diagram "art." I suppose beauty is in the eye
of the beholder.
Since I wasn't happy with the way the diagram translated, lemmy try it
again. Was Van Gogh ever happy? Do I have one ear?

The ^ represents direction of travel

        ^
     x ^
     x ^
     x ^
    ^
^ x
^ x
^ x
  ^
x  ^
x  ^
x  ^
  ^
^ x
^ x
^ x
    ^
     x ^
     x ^
     x ^
         ^
         ^

Now the hindsight view would have been to straighten out the whole line of
pylons and possibly lengthen there total distance, there by slowing the
entry into the next slalom (not shown). I believe the top three Xs (pylons)
were moved to the left so the recovery transition would not be as violent. I
could go almost flat footed into that section with just lifting and/or a
hair of brake (I don't remember exactly). It was challenging.

I think Paulie Foster is advocating the same thing as I and others (though a
tad more harshly) which is to look out for these situations at future events
and address them before the first car is sent. It is due diligence that must
be exercised as much as possible. Like Risk Management, you want to reduce
the possibility of a problem, and hopefully eliminate it. Plus the course
doesn't have to be boring to accomplish that end result.

Matt Murray

mattm@optonline.net