Race America Timing Lights - please read

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Race America Timing Lights - please read
From: "John Gross" <jogross3@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 06:27:44 PDT
Yesterday I posted that exposure to high humidity for long periods of time
can damage the lights.  I must emphasize that this was a deduction on my
part, not a confirmed conclusion from Dennis at Race America.  What happened
was we put the lights away after an autocross in perfect working order.  We
stored them in a non-climate controlled building for about two weeks.  After
the two weeks was up, we set them up for an autocross and they worked
briefly (for a few minutes) and then quit.  There was no overt sign of
damage on the lights, and once Dennis was kind enough to repair them for us
(his customer service is excellent, by the way) we stored them at my house
for the rest of the season and never had another problem with them.  When
Dennis inspected the lights, he told us that they were out of calibration
for a reason that none of us could conclusively determine.  The exposure to
sustained high humidity was my theory, and I realized that my post yesterday
may have indicated that this was a conclusive, documented problem, which it
is not.  My apologies to Dennis, Race America, and to anyone who may have
been decieved by my statement.

John Gross
Hiding with tail between legs