Electronic Throttle Control

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic Throttle Control
From: Matthew Carson <mcars@vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:54:47 -0400
Just had a thought on a new (and hopefully non-inflammatory) topic.  Some
coworkers and I were discussing today the feel of elctronic throttle
control versus conventional throttle cable feel, and I was curious how
people that autox with them (such as in C5s, '99+ V6 F-cars, I am sure
there are others) feel about them.  Can you tell a difference?  Is it
better or worse?  I know driving them on our roll test machine I can feel a
slight lag in response, but loadings and such are different, and I have
never autoxed one.  Does the slight lag make you smoother?  There may be no
interest in this topic, but I was just curious...  BTW, I have no say in
whether we make ETC cars or not, but they certainly make my job easier...

-Matt